Hello everyone, it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday! This week is a little bit of a difficult topic to think about because, usually if anyone wanted to borrow them I would let them, but I thought of a few that I know I would never let anyone touch.
This was an idea created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules basically go a little like this:
- Jana creates a new topic every Tuesday to make your list, and you create your own Top Ten (or three, or five, or twenty, however many you choose!)
- Link back your posts to That Artsy Reader Girl so when others read your post, they’ll know where to go to get more info about future upcoming topics.
- There is a linky widget on Jana’s Top Ten Tuesday post so other’s can see your post as well as you being able to check out everyone else’s! So definitely leave your links!
- Don’t be afraid to add your own twist to it!
This week’s topic: Book’s I Refuse To Let Anyone Touch
(1) Caraval Series (Legendary & Finale mostly) – Stephanie Garber
Honestly, if someone wanted to borrow my copy of Caraval I’d be okay with that. It’s a paperback, it’s not signed, just kind of plain. BUT, Legendary and Finale? No. No touch. Legendary is signed and has bonus content and Finale is gorgeous and although not signed, has a lot of bonus content. I love this series so much and I talk about it a lot on my blog, so of course my favorite series I don’t really want anyone else to touch.
(2) The Sun Is Also Star – Nicola Yoon
I haven’t even read this yet, but this copy is very important to me. I love Nicola Yoon and have a lot of respect for her. Her first book Everything, Everything helped me get back into reading again and pushed me to be the woman I am today basically. I received the Barnes and Noble exclusive edition for Christmas. It has purple edges, it’s signed, there’s a letter from her in there and a map of where the characters go in one day. It’s just beautiful and I cherish it.
(3) ANY of my Abbi Glines books
I love Abbi Glines, not a secret. Each and every one of her books I try to read in one sitting because I just can’t put them down they are so juicy and good and just ugh. Of course I would love to share my love of these books with others I know, but I can’t. These books are a lot more popular like in the south with the southern setting sooo, naturally me living in New York, that doesn’t really fit my surrounding’s, so Barnes & Noble never stocks up on them. My library doesn’t own anything of hers, its just a mess. I literally had to go to a bookstore in South Carolina just to buy some of her books. That being said, if I lose a copy, I’d be extremely upset and we can’t let that happen. So they are mine for now, no touching lol.
Do you guys have any books you wont let anyone touch?