Finally! I’ve done it! I have read and finished the Caraval series. I’m so sad to see the series end, but I was not disappointed with this book at all. It brought all of my love and happiness together and I was so happy I was able to experience this series. Let’s get right into the book review!
Title: Finale (Caraval #3)
Author: Stephanie Garber
Genre: young adult, fantasy
Publication Date: May 7, 2019
It’s been two months since the Fates were freed from a deck of cards, two months since Legend claimed the throne for his own, and two months since Tella discovered the boy she fell in love with doesn’t really exist.
With lives, empires, and hearts hanging in the balance, Tella must decide if she’s going to trust Legend or a former enemy. After uncovering a secret that upends her life, Scarlett will need to do the impossible. And Legend has a choice to make that will forever change and define him.
Caraval is over, but perhaps the greatest game of all has begun. There are no spectators this time—only those who will win, and those who will lose everything.
Welcome, welcome to Finale. All games must come to an end…
- Magic System- I’ve loved the magic system in this series as a whole. It is so different from anything I have really ever heard of and I just loved it. Legend’s magic definitely made me feel so happy and just downright beautiful.
- Characters- THANK GOD I got both girl’s perspectives. I missed Scarlet, and honestly she was the main focus in the book, I thought anyways. Tella wasn’t so much a background character, but her story definitely wasn’t as intense as Scarlet’s. Only thing was I really missed the mood changing dress, I loved that element to Scarlet.
- Storyline- Wow, was this story line intense or what? I never knew what was about to happen at any point in the book. I’m trying not to give too much away because I want people to really read and enjoy the series, but this was so good. I was worried, the beginning sounded like it could be a mediocre book, but it really turned around and I ended up loving it.
- Legend’s Bonus Chapter- So I bought the Barnes & Noble exclusive edition of this book, and I was so excited that it included a bonus chapter from Legend. The only thing was that it wasn’t even really a chapter, it was a paragraph. And a lame one at that. I was hoping for more but oh well. Honestly I don’t know if my heart would have been able to handle much more.
- Scarlet at the beginning of the book- I was worried in the beginning of the book that this story was going to turn out to be like The Bachelor, where two men are competing for the last rose and the girl, and it made me a little angry/worried and I actually didn’t enjoy it much when that was taking place. It obviously got better though.
Have you read the Caraval series? What have you all thought?