Hello everyone and it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday!
This was an idea created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules basically go a little like this:
- Jana creates a new topic every Tuesday to make your list, and you create your own Top Ten (or three, or five, or twenty, however many you choose!)
- Link back your posts to That Artsy Reader Girl so when others read your post, they’ll know where to go to get more info about future upcoming topics.
- There is a linky widget on Jana’s Top Ten Tuesday post so other’s can see your post as well as you being able to check out everyone else’s! So definitely leave your links!
- Don’t be afraid to add your own twist to it!
This week’s topic: Book Characters I’d Love to Be Besties With
(1) Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower
Charlie is one of the sweetest characters I have ever met in a book. He’s an amazing listener, a great friend, and just all in all a sweet, kind kid. After all of the emotional, heartbreaking things this kid has been through, he’s still a great friend to people who sometimes don’t deserve it. Throughout the whole book I constantly found myself screaming in my head that I would 100% be Charlie’s friend.
(2) Hagrid from Harry Potter
Hagrid is awesome. I didn’t read this series until this year (I know.. shocking), but when I read it I instantly fell in love with Hagrid’s character. Definitely would love to add him to my friend group.
(3) The Evil Queen from Fairest Of All: A Tale of The Wicked Queen
A weird pick… I know. BUT HOLD ON! Let me explain. For one, she wasn’t evil throughout the whole thing, and was actually a really lovely lady! I would like to be friends with her during those days, and then when she decided to get all wacked out, maybe having a friend there would help calm her down and not end up poisoning her stepdaughter and eventually lead her to die by being crushed by some giant rocks. Just a thought though.
(4) Lara Jean from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
Last but not least, Lara Jean. Not only because she’s spunky and can bake some mean cookies.. but SHE NEEDS TO DITCH CHRIS. I’m sorry but throughout all the books, I really thought she would eventually kick Chris to the curb because in my opinion, she wasn’t a good friend! If I had to write a letter to Lara Jean, here is how it would go:
To Lara Jean,
Please accept my application to become your friend, as I think you need a person to tell you straight up what you’re doing wrong and right at such critical times of your young teenage life.
P.S. Your friend Chris is horrible.