Hello everyone! Today is a little bit of a different post for me because fun fact: I do not re-read books… at all. There are only a few books I’ve ever re-read in my life, and I intend to keep that list very short. There are actually a few reasons why this is the way it is:
- I have a reading binder – My reading binder(s) are basically my book blogging bibles. I love my binder so much it is ridiculous. I refuse to let people around it with food, drinks, or just basically in general. I don’t take it anywhere unless I know it’s a calm, clean area where I can put it, and no where where I could possibly lose it. If you want a post on how I organize my binder let me know in the comments, because that is a GIANT post in itself. Anyways, the number one thing I contain in this binder? My book notes. For every book I read, I have a page protector slip and I put all of my notes that I write from that one book so I’m able to save it in my binder. It makes it so I never have to re-read if I forget a book, because I can just re-read my notes
- There are too many books out in the world for me to keep re-reading books- This is just the honest truth. In my opinion, why read the same book at least once every year or two when there are tons being released literally every Tuesday of the year. I just wouldn’t be able to keep up.
- Obviously, I have a book blog- And finally, the last reason. I have a book blog, and majority of my posts are book reviews. Soooo, if I read the same book over and over, I can’t keep writing reviews for the same book! So in a logical way of thinking, none of that makes sense.
Now, although 95% of the books I read within a year I will probably never read again, there are a few books I wouldn’t mind re-reading. And they are:
(1) The Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
Just because I read this series back in middle school and I’m excited to see if I still think the same about it or not.
(2) While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
This is my favorite book by my favorite author, I have re-read it at least twice, I would definitely do it again. This is the book I would read if like I had the flu or something. Basically if I was bed ridden and didn’t want to really have to focus too hard on whatever book I was reading.
(3) An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena
I loved this book last year and sadly, I wrote no notes for it… soooo, I would love to go back in and take notes so it’s there and ready for my binder.
Do you guy’s re-read books? Let me know in the comments!