Hello everyone and it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday!
This was an idea created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules basically go a little like this:
- Jana creates a new topic every Tuesday to make your list, and you create your own Top Ten (or three, or five, or twenty, however many you choose!)
- Link back your posts to That Artsy Reader Girl so when others read your post, they’ll know where to go to get more info about future upcoming topics.
- There is a linky widget on Jana’s Top Ten Tuesday post so other’s can see your post as well as you being able to check out everyone else’s! So definitely leave your links!
- Don’t be afraid to add your own twist to it!
This week’s topic: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding and Why
(1) 13 Reasons Why
I think it’s kind of obvious why I’m avoiding this one but I really wish I would just do it! I loved the first season of the show, but I’ve heard so many negative things about the book and the outcomes of it, I feel like I would only have to read it for enjoyment and not review it? Then again, that probably will change after I read it. This isn’t so much of a rush to read as some of these other ones are, but definitely want to get on it soon.
(2) The Sun Is Also A Star
I loved Nicola Yoon’s first book, Everything, Everything, so I think that’s why I’m a little shy of reading this book. I’ve heard mixed reactions so I’m hoping to get to this by the end of the summer so I can watch the movie.
(3) Daughter of Smoke and Bone (DOSAB #1)
(4) The Selection (The Selection #1)
A dystopia based on The Bachelor?? Sounds like just the right amount of drama I need. But why am I avoiding it? Well.. I don’t really want to purchase all of the books in the series, and I know my library doesn’t own the entire series. I’m afraid if I read this first book and love it, what’s going to happen when I want to read the rest? Ya know what I’m saying?
(5) Harry Potter #5-7
I actually surprisingly really loved books #1-4. I didn’t know if I’d enjoy the series starting the books at 20 years old… but I did! I think the size of the last 3 books are just making me want to avoid them more and more.
(6) Strange The Dreamer (STD #1)
(7) Girls of Paper and Fire (GOPAF #1)