How is everyone doing? I have been so busy lately trying to get everything together for this upcoming holiday season, because let’s be honest… it is STRESSFUL. The happiest time of year, yet the most stressful time. Agree? lol.
If you guys didn’t check out my review to the first book, you definitely should because this series… I don’t know guys it’s looking really bright right now. I am getting very excited to continue on and I don’t think it will be long until I am all caught up.
Title: The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty’s Prince (Villains #2)
Author: Serena Valentino
Series Number: 2
Genre(s): YA, Fairy-Tale Re-tellings
Publication Date: July 22, 2014
A cursed prince sits alone in a secluded castle. Few have seen him, but those who claim they have say his hair is wild and nails are sharp–like a beast’s! But how did this prince, once jovial and beloved by the people, come to be a reclusive and bitter monster? And is it possible that he can ever find true love and break the curse that has been placed upon him?
- The writing – Again, what a great writing style Valentino has. Easy to read and follow along, good descriptions of how characters act and look. This author is on a roll so far and I am enjoying the series.
- The twists – I found myself to have plenty of ‘jaw-dropping’ moments in this book. If you really love Disney, and know the original Beauty and the Beast as well as I do, there will be moments in this book where your jaw either drops, or something just clicks with you in your head because things are really starting to make sense.
- Circe – Loved Circe. Mixing in with the Odd sisters, finding out her role in all of this, it added a lot more depth to the movie’s original story. I can’t wait to read more about her in the next book.
- More focus on the Beast before he was the Beast – YES. Loved that we got a really in depth look into his past before he really transitioned into the Beast. Wow, did that really bump this book up in rating for me.
- Rushed Ending – The ending was rushed, and I hate that. It easily could have been 30-40 pages longer and I would have loved it.
- Again, no actual name of the Prince/Beast – I really wanted the names. Thank god in the next 3 books I already know the names of the villains. (Ursula, Maleficent, Mother Gothel)