Hello everyone and it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday!
This was an idea created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules basically go a little like this:
- Jana creates a new topic every Tuesday to make your list, and you create your own Top Ten (or three, or five, or twenty, however many you choose!)
- Link back your posts to That Artsy Reader Girl so when others read your post, they’ll know where to go to get more info about future upcoming topics.
- There is a linky widget on Jana’s Top Ten Tuesday post so other’s can see your post as well as you being able to check out everyone else’s! So definitely leave your links!
- Don’t be afraid to add your own twist to it!
This week’s topic: Changes In My Reading Life
(1) I’m reading faster!
I have noticed lately I am starting to read a lot quicker than I used to. I used to be able to do about 50 pages an hour, but I’ve definitely gotten that down to about 40-45 mins. Progress people!
(2) Audiobook speed
This may go with the first one, but my audiobook speed went from 1.25x to 2.0x!!! I can now listen to books at double the time and still keep up. I found that reading along with an audiobook also helps my habits.
(3) I’m buying less
I definitely am not buying like I used to, which was basically at least once a week.. but now whenever I get my paycheck, I buy about 2-3 books. It’s rare if I go over that.
(4) Borrowing more
My library card is fully paid off, so I actually have been borrowing more and having successful borrowing times (when you borrow the book and actually read it within the 4 weeks you have it) I’m pretty proud of myself
(5) I don’t read at home anymore
This is weird.. but I don’t read at home anymore. I mostly do all my reading at work. It’s the slow season here, so reading at work is really nice and some days I’ll finish entire books.