Hello everyone, it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday!
This was an idea created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules basically go a little like this:
- Jana creates a new topic every Tuesday to make your list, and you create your own Top Ten (or three, or five, or twenty, however many you choose!)
- Link back your posts to That Artsy Reader Girl so when others read your post, they’ll know where to go to get more info about future upcoming topics.
- There is a linky widget on Jana’s Top Ten Tuesday post so other’s can see your post as well as you being able to check out everyone else’s! So definitely leave your links!
- Don’t be afraid to add your own twist to it!
This week’s topic: Bookish Discoveries I Made In 2019
(1) Renegades by Marissa Meyer is an AMAZING series!
This series was a realization I had this past 2019 and I am so glad that I was able to become aware of it. I read the entire series in 2019, and I am so happy I decided to give it a go. It has become one of my newest favorite series of all time.
(2) YA Horror books are just not my thing
I tried twice this year with YA Horror, and it has come to the conclusion it is just not my cup of tea. Honestly, I think the entire Horror genre is just not for me one bit. Thanks to Wilder Girls and House of Salt and Sorrow, I discovered that this year.
(3) I can actually read more than 40 books in a year
I read way over 40 books this year and I am genuinely shocked. I think I reached my goal around August of 2019 and that was just crazy! I even surpassed 50 and was in the 60’s! I bumped my reading goal up to 50 this year, just because I am kind of busy with my job, but we will see how this goes.
(4) Audiobooks can really be beneficial when working
(5) Book Blogging is NOT Easy
This was a major discovery this year and boy… did I find this one out. It takes constant work, constant attention and a constant effort to keep up with your book blog and yet.. I still love it.